Sunday, 14 November 2010

Acting Like An Idiot Gets Girls

So I've been escaping from myself the past few months. Hence, the lack of posts, or lack of progress of any kind for that matter. I guess, coming off of the emotional drama that was my last film, Hunter/Gatherer, I've been laying low, and really, drinking myself into oblivion.

A talented friend of mine told me just the other day that I live a crazy life. And at first I wasn't inclined to believe him. I mean, after all...I'm the guy who didn't have a girlfriend until he was 18. I'm the guy who doesn't drive a car, or go to crazy clubs on the weekend. I'm the guy who slept through the house parties, and lived like a fifty year old even when I had next to infinite resources when living in Los Angeles.

And then my friend reminded me that at Bakken on Thursday, I took my trousers off and had two icelandic girls groping my...junk. I have two stunning Dutch models staying with me for a week starting on the 24th. I'm producing music videos and commercials. I'm working in the field that I want to be working in, and I'm not starving...for now.

So what's the disconnect? Why am I not enjoying that which is so very real and apparent to me at this moment in my life? Is it because it's all fake clouded over in a haze of over-tired-ness?

Thing is, I haven't slept for the past three weeks...at least not more than for three or four hours at a time...until yesterday. This type of behaviour is certainly not conducive to a good work ethic. Finally, I stopped myself from going out, and after heading home and eating a giant bowl of KD (thanks mom) passed out to the laugh track of That Mitchell and Webb Look (start it at 7:35 and be sure to click through to the following segment).

This morning, I've awoken, committed, happy, and devoted to the task at hand - success. But what am I sacrificing for a good work ethic? Maybe it's just that which I already can barely appreciate - the already crazy life that I may or may not lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment